It seems nowadays that Cheltenham is the be-all and end-all for the National Hunt Season with trainers and owners on both sides of the Irish Sea seemingly only interested in those 4 days in mid-March. Now don’t get me wrong, I actually like the fact that the NH Season has an ending, a target for all horses to aim and for sheer entertainment the Festival continues to go from strength to strength.
But as the Festival grows in stature and a winner at the meeting becomes the sole reason to own a NH horse it has meant that the ‘star‘ horses are avoiding each other in the run up to March and that some big races with decent prizemoney are now seen simply as stepping stones to the ultimate goal, a Cheltenham Festival winner.
I however still see these ‘stepping stones‘ as decent races in their own right with the added potential of spotting future Festival plots. And that’s what the Route 66 service is all about……
Examining the big NH races, finding the winner and looking at the runners with the Cheltenham Festival in mind.
So I simply researched all the big meetings and race-days throughout the NH Season to find the top races run in the UK for providing the winners (and the places) at the Cheltenham Festival.
Well I say simply but it’s been anything but simple!
I found 66 UK races (hence the name Route 66) that have had a big impact on the Cheltenham Festival and researched every runner from every race over the last 12 years to see which race trial pointed to which Festival contest.
As you can imagine that’s a mammoth undertaking but it did throw up some surprising results that made it all worthwhile. I found
- Hurdle races that were good pointers to chase races
- Races that have a significant bearing on specific Cheltenham contests
- Races that are reliable providers of Cheltenham winners year in, year out and
- Races that you would have made profits on by simply backing every Cheltenham Festival runner that contested them
Route 66 – not just about the trends
Yes I’ve done the trends for all 66 races and will be using them to make selections over the course of the Season but this service offers subscribers so much more.
Every week I will also be analysing every race run to highlight any value bets to build up, over the 5 months, a Cheltenham Festival Ante-Post portfolio. These Ante-Post selections will be available on the site and will also be included in a monthly Newsletter that will review all these selections and our Ante-Post bets.
And obviously with the rise of Willie Mullins and Gordon Elliot the Irish challenge grows stronger every year which means we also need to look at the big Irish races as pointers to the Cheltenham Festival. To cover this, as an added bonus, I’ve also included in the service 5 of the biggest Irish races run during the first half of the Season.
Route 66 – The results
The Route 66 Service has been running for three years and we have had a 100% profit record thanks to some fantastic big priced winners….
Trends Selections +31.72pts
Ante-Post selections: +16.63pts
Winners at 16/1, 14/1, 14/1 & 8/1. Places at 20/1, 20/1 & 25/1
Trends Selections -5.93pts
Ante-Post selections: +26.00pts
Winners at 16/1, 12/1 & 7/2. Places at 50/1, 20/1, 20/1, 16/1, 12/1, 12/1, 10/1 & 8/1
Trends Selections +15.58pts
Ante-Post selections: +10.95pts
Winners at 33/1, 25/1, 9/1. 5/1 & 10/3. Places at 20/1, 16/1, 14/1, 14/1 & 9/1
- Access to the password protected Members Area to download the 66 (+5 Irish) guides
- 66 races broken down with results, trends, trainer records and the Cheltenham Festival races the runners have targeted successfully
- Selections and Tips for all 66 races given the night before
- A weekly look at the results with Ante-Post recommendations
- 4 pre-season Ante-Post bets to get the ball rolling
- A monthly newsletter to review the races and our Ante-Post portfolio
- 5 bonus Irish Race Trials
- 40 Horses to Follow taken from the 2018 Cheltenham Festival
Get involved for 2018-2019
253 total views, 1 views today